GroupServer 11.02 — Tartufo Nibbled in Polite Company¶
|Authors:||Michael JasonSmith; Richard Waid; Alice Rose; Dan Randow|
|Contact:||Michael JasonSmith <email@example.com>|
|Copyright:||This document is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 New Zealand License by OnlineGroups.Net.|
The Tartufo release of GroupServer mostly consists of enhancements so errors are handled better.
- A new Unexpected Error page provides more detail to the user. In addition, the pre-written message to support contains a full stack-trace. This information can be used to find and eliminate the error .
- Many errors were generated when non-existent pages were accessed. These errors have been fixed, primarily in the mailing-list code. This should make problems recorded in the error-log maintained by Zope easier to find, as there should be fewer items in the log .
- Changes to email addresses are now better recorded . This should help diagnose problems better if there is an error subsequent to an address changing.
- The jQuery code shipped with GroupServer has been updated to the latest stable version (1.4.4).
- The code that generates the image, post, and topic pages has been refactored. This should make those pages easier to maintain.
Work is now starting on GroupServer 11.03 — Pineapple Snow at a Child’s Party.
Update an Existing GroupServer System¶
Carry out the following steps to update the package versions.
Download the Tartufo tar-ball from the GroupServer download page
Uncompress the tar-ball.
Copy the file
groupserver-11.02/versions.cfgto your existing GroupServer installation.
In your existing GroupServer installation run:
$ ./bin/buildout -N
|||The new Unexpected Error page is detailed in a post to GroupServer Development.|
|||The traversal errors were those caused by not handling errors that were thrown by pages in the messages, profile, and files area.|
|||Recording more information about email addresses changing closes Ticket 432.|