The web hook
gs-group-member-add.json, in the site context,
adds a person to a group on the site.
- If the person is new to the system then a profile is created and the person is added to the group.
- If the person already has a profile then they are just added to the group.
- Otherwise an error is raised (see Returns).
The identifier for the group that the person is joining.
The email address of the new group member. The email address is used as the identifier for the person (see Returns):
- If the email has never been seen by the system then a new profile is created,
- Otherwise an existing profile is added to the group.
The name of the new member.
The action (no value needs to be set, but the argument must be present).
The HTML-formatted biography for the new member.
The timezone for the new member.
|Note:||Unlike the cookie version (see Cookie), the web hook can only handle the basic GroupServer profile information. This is because the hook is in the context of the site rather than the context of a group (because the hook is visible to the public, but the group may be secret) and groups can have specific settings.|
0: success, as a profile was created and the person was added to the group.
1: success, as a person with an existing profile was added to the group.
256: failure, as the person was already a group member.
257: unexpected failure.
A message explaining the status.
Add a person with the name
A Person and the email
email@example.com to the
test group on
groups.example.com using wget.
$ wget http://groups.example.com/gs-group-member-add.json \ --post-data='token=Fake&groupIdfirstname.lastname@example.org@fn=A%20Person&add'